Whether the threat is international or right in your own home, the need to know how to defend yourself is important. In a crisis situation you may react in ways that conflict with the assumptions you have created about yourself, feel a sense of helplessness, fear and anger. Knowing how to avoid a crisis situation, or how to defend yourself in one, can mean the difference between life or death. Can you defend yourself? If the answer to that question is met with uncertainty, then perhaps its time to become informed and acquainted with Lou Costabile.
Lou joined martial arts in 1978, he became an instructor in 1981 and he earned his 6th degree Black Belt in May of 2000. He now shares his expert knowledge at his self-defense workshops and seminars; equipping his audiences with increased awareness, techniques, and precautionary measures on how to protect themselves in a time of trouble.
The Defend Yourself! workshop addresses the following topics:
- What role does Martial Arts play in Self-Defense?
- Situations and Answer Sessions:
- How do I defend myself if an attacker breaks into my home?
- How do I defend myself if I end up in the wrong Neighborhood?
- How do I defend myself on a plane, bus, or train?
- How do I defend myself at the Mall, a Wedding, or at a Church?
- How do I defend myself at a Night Club, or a Bar?
- How do I defend myself if I'm attacked in a Parking Lot?
- How do I defend myself if the attacker has a Weapon?
- How do I defend myself if there are multiple attackers?
- Demonstration of Self-Defense Movements
- Discussion on Weapons (guns, knives, night sticks, pepper spray)
- How do I train in Self-Defense?
- How does Self-Defense benefit me?
Lou has put on demonstrations and seminars for the Kiwanas, Boy Scouts of America, public schools, various community and civic events, church youth groups, women's rotary clubs, small and large companies, and many non-profit associations.
If this workshop doesn't fit your objective, but you think Lou's experience and expertise does, contact us to discuss your ideas.